When it comes to our health and well-being, we have enough to worry about. It shouldn’t be one of them to worry about how safe and clean the water in our home is. Below are some reasons you may need water filtration, and if any of these symptoms seem strange to you, we recommend changing your water filter as soon as possible.
- A septic system is near your water supply.
- Your plumbing system is outdated.
- While doing laundry, you notice stains.
- You have water that tastes “funny”
- In your neighbourhood, there is intensive farming.
- I can taste salt in your water
- An unknown liquid spilt near your water supply
- You got a boil water alert notice from your water company.
A state-certified laboratory can test your water, or you can contact your local health department. By calling the Safe Drinking Water Hotline or visiting the website, you can locate a laboratory that serves you. Also, the experts at cork plumbers can test the quality of your water for everything from pH to Iron content, as well as for other chemicals / mineral contents that may be dangerous and undesired in your water.
Choosing the right water filtration system for your home will be easier if you already know the number of contaminants in your water. Various contaminants can be removed from water with water filter systems, including:
- Lead by example.
- Is Radon dangerous?
THE 6 MOST POPULAR WATER FILTRATION OPTIONS
Installing a water filtration system at a single faucet will only affect water quality at that particular point in time while installing it at the junction point where water enters the home will affect water quality throughout the home.
- For most people, the easiest water filtration option is a carafe system, which uses a pitcher filled manually with a filter cartridge. It has the advantage of being inexpensive but also labour-intensive for homes that drink a lot of water each day.
- Although some faucets don’t work with faucet-mounted filters, that’s not a problem for simple and quick filtration.
- A common filtration system is installed under the sink and utilizes cartridges to neutralize chemicals, metals, metal oxides, and other pollutants.
- An ion exchange system is another popular option. These systems use positively charged ions to bind to surfaces that are harmful, such as magnesium, barium, and other chemicals.
- Reverse osmosis, which uses a membrane to filter water, is an efficient method of removing almost all contaminants from water. The reverse osmosis system does its job but does require regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly and efficiently.
- Whole-home water treatment facilities separate drinking water from all other water entering the home. The filtration systems are effective and convenient and can be installed by a professional plumber. A professional plumber can assess the plumbing systems of your home and make recommendations. The best option for any well-water home may be a whole house water filtration system.
WATER FILTERS -WHICH ONE SHOULD I CHOOSE?
Determine your budget and expectations before purchasing a water filter system. Homes with a high water demand may benefit from a system that provides ample filtered water daily.
You can enjoy peace of mind in the knowledge that your drinking water is safest for your family. We recommend getting a water filtration system from Len The Plumber. Cork Plumbers is your professional plumbing company. Call us today for a free evaluation of your plumbing system.
In an emergency dealing with plumbing, the last thing you want to do is to spend time talking on the phone. As a result, you’ll have to ask around for the best plumbers to get the results you want. The company you choose should be transparent with their pricing, professional, and trustworthy.
A lot of us don’t pay much attention to plumbing. There’s not much time spent thinking about it, and it’s a great deal of work to maintain it. The moment it breaks down suddenly, or if a problem occurs, we’re back in the dark!